Sunday, March 30, 2014

Post #10

Sir Ken Robinson spoke on bringing on the learning revolution. Education must be revolutionized, not just modified. We have the tools of technology and the access to instant infinite information and we must use it in education. Just because it hasn't been used before doesn't mean we can't use it now. As educators, we must rise with the occasion and work with the circumstances of this century, not the last century. I think a lot of times when I think of myself teaching, I envision situations similar to those in which I was taught. The reality is, my classroom will be totally different because the situation has completely changed. I will have to use technology that my teachers could have never dreamed of.
Robinson's other main point is individuality. Each child is different and they cannot be taught the same way. We as educators have to learn to help each individual student learn. Teachers can make or break a child's dream so it's important that we encourage each of our students to do what makes them happy. You can't force all children to grow up and be doctors. It takes all kinds of people doing all kinds of things and it is our job as teachers to encourage and enable our students to do whatever it is they dream of.
Teach

3 comments:

  1. Hi my it me David thanks for commenting on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I enjoyed reading your blog post on Sir Ken Robinson's video. I agree with you in that we must teach each child individually because each child learns in a different way. I like how you said that we can't force every child to become a doctor. Instead, we should encourage every child to do what makes them happy and become the best they can be at that.

    great job on your blog post, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. " I think a lot of times when I think of myself teaching, I envision situations similar to those in which I was taught." That is quite common for EDM310 students. How wrong that belief is! Or at least in schools where successful students will learn.



    ReplyDelete