Wednesday, February 26, 2014

C4K Summary February

Kid Blog
Zachary from MN wrote a blog post entitled If Someone Gave Me a Million Dollars. He said he would buy hockey gear, a Lamborghini and a big garage, and then donate the rest of his money to charity. I've never been to a hockey game but it seems like a really fun sport. I suggested that Zachary could find a charity that had something to do with hockey, then he would be donating money to help others play his favorite sport.

Shelly from Mrs. Bayer's class wrote a blog post about her best friend, Minhal, moving to Saudi Arabia. Minhal is leaving :( She talked about all the great memories they have and mentioned that there should be a book written about their friendship. It's crazy that I was assigned this blogger because I can completely relate! I told Shelly about when my best friend moved in the eighth grade. We actually made a friendship book so we would always remember how close we were in middle school. I saw her five years later and we went through our book and laughed about all the silly things we said. I told Shelly that it is easy to keep in touch with old friends through email and other social media.

Liliah from Mrs. Miller's high school English class wrote a blog post about treating other people with respect. Her This I Believe Essay was about "judging a book by it's cover," or assuming things about people when you do not know their personal situations. I think it is really important to promote Liliah's way of thinking especially in a school setting. As a high school teacher, I will stress consideration for others to my students in an effort to reduce conflict.

No comments:

Post a Comment