Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4T #3

Andrea Hernandez is a Google Certified teacher in Jacksonville, Florida. She writes a blog called EdTech Workshop. Her post 5 Things I Wish Everyone Understood About Educational Technology was really beneficial to me. I always talk about the importance of face-to-face contact and communication skills and Hernandez points out that there must be a balance between this and technology. She makes the statement, "The students in my 4th/5th 1:1 iPad class do not need lessons on using their iPads. They are faster and more adept than I am at using most of the apps. However, they are young and still have a lot of learning to do when it comes to using these devices in a balanced, useful way. They have a lot to learn to become literate users of these powerful tools." My students will be using technology whether I like it or not, so the best I can do is teach them how to use it effectively and responsibly.
5 Things I Wish People Knew About Educational Technology


Hernandez uses a 1:1 iPad program with her language arts classes. In her blog post, Personalized Learning in a 1:1 Classroom, gives a tour of her inbox and shows a glimpse of what her students are doing in the classroom. They are creatively taking initiative and responsibility for their own learning. Her students email her with questions and drafts of their work. Hernandez uses the technology for personalized learning. With the 1:1 iPad program, she is able to asses and assist each child individually. She makes the statement, "We read. We write. We edit. We discuss. We think. We reflect. We create. Why would this look identical in a group of unique individuals?"
Sharing docs via Google

No comments:

Post a Comment